Spirit Steward Program
In a nutshell
A 3-day program for youth who want longer CTS engagement and an overnight camping experience. Spirit Stewards:
- Camp in tents (or in dorms at our Capilano River location) & cook their own meals
- Get their hands dirty in environmental projects every Saturday
- Participate in environmental initiatives, projects & games to inspire a connection with their natural environment, their communities & each other
It's all about getting outside, having fun and taking ownership. The best parts:
- Camps are led by our Peer Leaders, mentored by our adult Supervisors & energized by our participants
- Weekends are made up of what we call 'CTS in 5': Leadership, Stewardship, Jumping into Nature, Team Building & Outdoor Recreation
When we run
8 weekends throughout the summer, 5pm Friday to 12 noon on Sunday (check out our calendar for summer dates)
Where we're at
Burnaby Lake, Capilano River, Pacific Spirit & Tynehead regional parks (check out our camp locations page for more details)
Who we are
We are youth from all backgrounds!
- Participants: 12 - 18 years old
- Peer Leaders: 15 - 18 years old
- Adult Supervisors: 19+
What to bring
How we do it
We are 100% funded. That's right. Thanks to our many generous funders and supporters who believe in what we do, we have been able to deliver the CTS experience to youth from the Metro Vancouver area free of charge for the past twelve years. Let's cross our fingers for at least that many more!
And we partner with many community and park groups who provide our youth with a variety of stewardship opportunities within their own backyards. Like we said, it's all about working together and getting actively involved!
Stay informed on our latest news!